Here are some of things he has completed and knows:
- Explode the Code Book 1 - completed level K phonics, can read level K books, complete set one of Bob Books.
- Explode the Code Book 1 1/2 - I am picking out the pages that I feel were not elaborated on in book 1. Sentence framing/comprehension and more in-depth reading comprehension. I highly recommend this book for those pages.
- Right Start Math - He knows parallel lines, quadrilaterals & triangles, simple addition, count to 100, and we are now going off Right Start Math to get him familiar with money for some responsibilities lesson I want to do. They do money in Right Start, but I'm going over recognition and value. He knows how to visibly see quantities to 10 without counting, knows how to work the abacus, and patterning/grouping/graphing.
- Science - we are doing living things still as we are growing our plants at home. He is also learning food chains & food cycles.
- Geography - learning maps, address, Smith & Pataso our Compassion children and their lifestyles
- Handwriting Without Tears - has been going good, but slow. ETC has a lot of writing so he is burnt out on it, but the days that there is not much to do bring it out and we practice penmanship. He knows that book comes out and he has to do it perfect. With ETC, I have let him get sloppy, but I have to say that each time I bring out HWT his next time doing ETC is better. He knows the expectation of doing it right and keeping it that way.
- Positive Action Bible - we are only on Lesson 7 which is Abraham and Isaac. I've noticed that staying on this curriculum is not easy as we go through out the year doing different things. FOr example, Christmas we do an Jesse Tree Advent Devotional and now as Easter approaches and focus on this being our most holiday of the year we now are doing this Easter Devotional. I have been blessed to have found these from Ann Voskamp and that she has been so generous to share them for free. I highly recommend them. They are beautifully written, and I think I enjoy hanging our ornaments everyday just as much as him. I will be posting our Easter adventure with this soon. SO, needless to say Positive Action is great, but we just haven't gotten through it all, yet.
I think that wraps it up for now. Here is our Jesse Tree Journey