Monday, January 16, 2012

one thousand gifts

one thousand gifts:
November 25, 2011 to January 16, 2012
0076/1000

1) Brothers, sons, below Him and His grace!

2) The anonymous gift of mulch 
for our church playground.

3) Sick baby, chill of his juice, and tears. 
Tantrums a grace warning that it's not just a common cold.

4) At the moment when your at your wits end after spending 
two days with a sick temper tantrum child; remembering your 
personal prayer for patience and hearing, "and I, find myself 
here on my knees again, caught up in grace like an avalanche, 
nothing compares to this love..." Thank you, Father, thank you!

5) The moment a hug begins, and you know you have an amazing 
thing in your arms, a person made in the image of God!

6) Handsome Smith and his updated picture...

7) Quiet morning... The soothing of a pacifier and baby; 
my baby letting me hold to the tunes of lullabies.

8) Libraries- They have walls of creativity and knowledge!

9) Two mornings in a row being asked to please 
stay in bed to cuddle from Logan. I'm game!

10) The older teaching the younger...

11) A wall of past, present, & future LOVE!

12) A friend coming on her day off to bring me 
coffee and a husband making breakfast...

13) Children's Department Christmas Party and 
walking through our Advent lessons.

14) Our kiddos

15) It finally grew back *5 yr old humor*

16) Sewing a wiseman costume for a wee one, 
thankful for my aunts' teaching me this family trade

17) Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for breakfast

18) Calm of the night, slow of the breath, joy in my heart.

19) My boys lying on my side of the bed, snuggled, 
watching Bob & Larry... What an honor to be their mom!

20) The moments when my rambunctious temper tantrum filled baby becomes 
quiet in awe of God's creation. It was a moment of incredible grace!

21) Loving his time with papa, missing our sick CooCoo

22) Breakfast with two of my boys.

23) Logan watching and listening to "Galaxies" 
saying, "it's good song!"

24) Choosing to see Him everyday- 
joy, thanksgiving, peace, grace abound!

25) Shapes- discovering, imaging, creativity

26) Creating prayer cards for Luka. Teaching 
while learning myself to diligently pray!

27) He makes me laugh.

28) Precooking and freezing my meals cuts 
dinner cooking time to 5 minutes!

29) His hands

30) no caption needed for this gift

31) Lazy, precious, always content with her momma.

32) Learning with friends

33) gathering together

34) imagining

35) becoming what you imagine

36) Building the mind


37) sharing


38) eating with friends


39) Books


40) A letter written by a boy countries away to 
my boy, the start of a beautiful relationship!

41) Using his bath towel as a blanket. Comfort, warmth...

42) Fever warning, body forcing to the bed, now sitting on my 
lap hugging like he when he was a baby. Precious moment!

43) He's ready for bed. Thanksgiving in a bed 
and room he can call his own!


44) 88 keys to play a tune


45) the crisp of Bible pages


46) smell of bread out of the bag


47) hot water- it's process


48) welcoming front door


49) the sound of the awake


50) two year old warning signs


51) caring doctor


52) committed mom 


53) a compassionate five year old


54) my new found patience level


55) my honesty


56) my ability to love


57) Luk sharing love


58) Logan accepting love


59) Reson's "worker bee" mind


60) Logan understanding


61) Logan taking medicine calmly


62) Luk caring for Logan


63) morning with no migraine 


64) Reson's listening


65) warm house


66) the smell of work


67) enough, Lord, just enough


68) peanut butter and jelly


69) soft bed


70) letters sent with love


71) caring pastor and wife


72) organization


73) prayerful husband


74) brothers/friends


75) the mess from the day


76) the stack of homeschool folders

No comments:

Post a Comment