Thursday, April 15, 2010

Painting & Letters

Luk surprises me. There are days that feel like nothing got through to him, and then he does things like the other day to prove that he was absorbing the information I was giving him. We have been working on letters, and I knew/know that he was getting them. However how much of it I just wasn't sure. He recognized them for a while, but for him to see a couple of toys and make the letters was something new. This is what he had to show me after I made him breakfast...
"Look Mom, the letter 'D'."
"And this is the letter 'T'."
"J."
"And, 'Y'!"
The toys were connection pieces to a set that he got for Christmas. I guess that after much play time with the pieces, he saw the letters. 
I was proud! I was just so happy that he realized that he could make letters outside of writing them. It is great to see his imagination come to live with something as small as this. Logan enjoyed playing on his mats as Luk imagined! 

Later that day, we finally opened some Sidewalk Paint that we had bought some time ago Luk was quite the artist, and Logan just wanted to grab ahold of my camera!
Good times!

1 comment:

  1. It is such a great feeling when our children show us through their play that they are retaining what we are teaching them!

    I wanted to stop by and thank you for following me. I will be following you back!

    You have a great looking children!

    ReplyDelete