Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Workbox System and more...

I have bought the shelving for the workbox system that we will be using to organize Luk's school work. IKEA is my new favorite store. The Expedit unit was on sale of $99 for 16 "cubbies." I will not even begin to tell you how much a storage unit like this cost at school supply stores. I was ecstatic when I saw the price. Here is what it looks like, Luk picked the wood finish "birch effect."

We decided that we would most likely (for now) use the top row for craft display and pictures. Then we bought 6 boxes and 12 filing boxes. The boxes will have the workbooks or text needed during the day (or puzzle and games) while the filing boxes will have the copywork.
Luk picked every color! Why not? It's in a separate room that only we go into. So, it is very colorful! I also bought these round bathroom rugs.
There are times in the school time that Luk doesn't want to sit at the desk. So, we picked these round rugs for him to know that he needs to sit in one of these designated areas.
Tomorrow, we will be building the unit and putting it all together, and I will post a photo. I want to start organizing our school schedule, however we are awaiting our Math, Science, and bible curriculum to come in the mail... waiting...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Steph, Are you homeschooling the boys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog-yes, I am a total IKEA addicted person now! I saw those puppies in the entrance and so want them for all over the homestead. We did the TROFAST shelves for it...posting pics soon...love em!

    Sheri
    What's in the Box?

    ReplyDelete