Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Curriculum Standards

I found the curriculum that I was using from the World Book website. They charge now to look at the information, however there is another site that has them available on pdf.  This is the Preschool Curriculum:
I feel that Luk knows all of the above, so we will be working on the Kindergarten Curriculum:
He knows about half of these things, and we have been steadily working on it as time goes on. It is strange to think that my three soon-to-be four year old knows the subjects that a Kindergarten student is learning. The great thing is that we are not even trying to do it; it is just happening as he wants to learn.
I'm currently looking through Science curriculum. I just got my catalog from www.homesciencetools.com It is a great site full of experiments and activities. This is the route we want to go with Luk. We will be focusing on a Butterfly Garden, Ant Farm, Plant House,
and Bug/Insect exploring Kits.
Math, Science, and Handwriting curriculum done. Now, to still find the right phonics program, which I am currently using the Letter Factory and Word Factory with Luk.
He knows all his letter sounds and can tell you what words start with when you ask him. So, now on to short and long vowels. I think that at this point I have Alpha Phonics and I will just be using that unless at the FPEA Convention I find something I like better.
Good times to come. It is exciting having Luk learn so much

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I love to hear of others' success with Alpha Phonics - I'm such a big fan of it and am convinced that there is nothing better on the market, especially for the price. I'll bet you continue using it too!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete