Thursday, August 19, 2010

Boy, oh Boy!


Cute right! You see the little one, the one with the pacifier, the one that looks like he has an innocent smile... that's Logan. Unlike his older brother, Logan is Mr. Clingy. The boy has to have me or dad holding him at all times. He has a sensitive heart. He doesn't seem to do things in a mischievous way like Luk. He is truly a kindred spirit. Precious, really! However, it is making the days go by very slow, and it is pretty exhausting on me mentally and physically. This week has been particularly hard as he has been extra clingy. I'm not sure how that was possible, but trust me it is. We are officially a week behind in the school scheduling, and I don't think it will be only time I say this.

Luk is a smart kid and wants to learn, however he is still only four. What does this mean exactly? Because I think with Luk's intellect and drive to learn he is not too young, but what it means is that when baby brother cries or starts to laugh; Luk wants to laugh or hug or kiss or whatever to his little brother. Since Logan is pulling up and walking while holding on to things Luk is very intrigued by what Logan is learning to do. Oh well. It is really the beauty of brotherhood, brotherly love, and pure sweetness. So, with that we are a week behind, but I'm okay with that. Luk loves his brother. Logan is a healthy explorer that wants Mama (all the time). Mom is realizing that it was good to start now because Kindergarten may not officially end until age 6. =D

I love seeing the difference in these two boys. I really couldn't have asked God for a better big brother. Luk is pretty perfect. Logan is 10 months old, and we learn something more about his little heart. It is really exciting. Going with the flow these days, I have to, or I would go crazy. ;)

SO... starting to homeschool... how do you juggle the clingy boy and the older brother that just wants to be involved with baby brother? I don't know 100%, but for now. We go with the flow, and we do one thing at a time. Phonics and Math are usually the must do for me. Logan is content for 10 minutes run into the classroom and do whatcha can like a spontaneous spelling test, LOL. Also, we do computer school with ETC and other software when it just gets too much with little Logan.

Those that do things during nap time, that's cool. However, Luk still naps, and they nap at the same time. Mommy needs that time. I'm not giving that up... EVER!!! =)
As I have finished reading Mary Beth Chapman's book "Choosing to SEE," there is one thing I have to remember. We are not home yet. So, if school doesn't get done like I planned, that's okay. I will be content knowing that I hugged longer. I will post more on this book later.  Until then...

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I wondered how you do it with a liitle one, who sounds clingy like Maddox. I couldn't do it full time...or get everything done anyway. When Braxton and I have "school" time, it is during Maddox's 1st nap and they usually nap together during his Maddox's second nap.
    Braxton is a super big brother, as well. I know that blessed feeling!!

    ReplyDelete