Monday, August 2, 2010

Not Back to School Blog Hop

Not Back to School Blog Hop

It is a new year for many of us homeschooling families. Over at Heart of the Matter, they are having this year's "Not Back-to-School Blog Hop." I figured I would participate as I want this blog to be as informational to newbies as possible. If you want to know why we chose the items we did, here is my original post.

Here is our Curriculum for the year (and if it works will be used throughout all Elementary):

Math: Right Start Level A


Phonics: Explode the Code Book 1



Bible: Positive Action K



Science: Real Science-4-Kids Pre-level K-3 (Biology)


Geography:  Maps Charts Graphs (Levels A & B)


 Handwriting: Handwriting without Tears K 

Critical Thinking: The Critical Thinking Company Pre-K/K K-2 (Mind Benders)

Spanish: Hooked On Phonics (we will be using another curriculum in the middle of the year)

This is our first year homeschooling, and Luk is four. He has an inquisitive spirit, and I feel it is my responsibility to nourish it. Will Logan start at four, I'm not too convinced, however Luk is ready and we are pressing forward. I will be posting my further thoughts on this curriculum as the year progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment