Friday, June 4, 2010

Revamp on the Patience Level

It's one of those days in our house. I sometimes question my patience level, but then I have a good gauge, too. My husband is really great at helping me realize that my level is pretty high. You have to have a high patience level in being a mom, the level has to be higher when you are a stay-at-home mom, and even higher when you home school. Luk LOVES to test my level. When those days happen, I have to step back and stop the school, and just take a breather. That's the beauty of it, right? When there is a teacher with 20+ students there is never a real time to breath. It is understandable why there are teachers that feel compelled to yell. I say this from personal experience when I did internship with a second grade teacher. I remember coming home and telling Reson, "Wow!"

It is on these days that Reson usually comes home not in the best moods and his level is below mine. It's at that moment that something comes over me, and I get a boost of patience. It is funny how God works it out. Just when I think I can hand the boys off to Reson because my boiling point is coming, Reson comes home boiling, and mine subsides. That's when I know my patience is pretty good. I am also blessed to have Reson with a great level of patience, however I guess being with him for over 10 years, we telepath our stress, LOL.

Here is one thing that I did today to keep with our lesson on the letter "O."
I got the link from Confessions of a Homeschooler

Interactive Owl Babies Book


We had just read a book on Octopus and Otters, and we were working on writing when Luk decided to start the testing, so I got the computer and played this for him to watch. Nice five minutes for me to regroup, and to start preparing lunch.

Luk is big on science, so it helped to put his favorite subject along with learning his phonics and handwriting. Maybe we can get back on track now.

2 comments:

  1. You have a really hard job! Good job on the homeschooling...I could never do it :)
    Happy friendly Friday!
    Following your blog, come follow mine and say hi!
    XOXO
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, visiting from NFF. I am also a Christian homeschooling mom. Come visit me at www.beingrefinedassilver.blogspot.com I look forward to reading more here.
    ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete